Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ya Know Wha I Hate....these GoArmy.com ADS!!!

So it's Saturday night and I'm home watching reality TV my life is so exciting!!! (the sarcasm is choking me) But hey, its only been 4 days since my last exam so I have summer to frolick :)

Anyways, I thought it was necessary to blog about this pressing issue while it was still hot on my mind...and we all know how hot that can get. While watching College Hill South Beach edition, these GoArmy.com or whaeva it name ads came on and these three guys in camo were talking and while I was there wishing the ad would hurry up an finish to get back to the drama that is College Hill...I hear one of the guys in the ad say - if you like playing video games and you like blowing up stuff the army is for you.

Now I don't know who produces these ads and I don't think the people in them are really soldiers but that has to be one of the DUMBEST things I've ever heard come from a man's mouth. Do they not see what these ads are trying to achieve and the potential damage it can do?...Maybe I'm being overanalytical or it's just my paranoia but I honestly think that ad was tailored to target YOUNG BLACK PEOPLE - American and otherwise.

The entire production screamed "If you black and foolish this one for you" and it is disgusting to see how these people are so outward and blunt about their intentions. I find it disrespectful to say things like that when it comes to people's lives being put on the line to protect others and God forbid a person who lost someone in war to have seen that ad.

This ad in my opinion is a typical case of stereotyping as it is well known army scouts predominately reach out to the BLACK PUBLIC schools. I often question their logic and ask myself why they don't go into the high end clubs or private schools and hand out their cards....Black people wake up and don't be caught by the subliminal messages of these people who abuse the media for their own gain. See these things for what they are and not how they appear to be.

Risse

Y.F.B....the PR of the future

No comments: