Saturday, February 13, 2010

Favorite Things for 2010...so far!

Hey all, I have been somewhat scarce due to the stress that is UWI, doing two interesting courses (finally!!) and trying to get the best of my thesis...not visa versa lol. However, besides school I have had some time to do some surfing and I have some favourites things for 2010 so far. The year has been quite unpredictable, from the earthquake in Haiti to the death of Alexander McQueen. I guess we just have to be prepared for whatever comes. So here goes my list of favs thus far for 2010. (in No particular order)

Rihanna's video for Rude Boy- people are criticising her for not doing it in Barbados, others are saying its too animated. I SAY its the BOMB, its not your usual video and it throws something into the industry to dilute the generic stuff I've been seeing so far for 2010.



Nicki Minaj's debut onto the mainstream music industry, she has been around for a long time but she is only now receiving the due recognition :)



Now Lady Gaga is a very touchy subject..but I honestly think we need people like her to go to the extremes...a necessary insanity LOL no doubt she has her own sense of style but it always has us coming back for more don't it?



The 25th anniversary for the song " We are the World" couldn't have been remixed at a better time. Haiti is in a bad place right now..but with everyone's help we can band together and make a significant change. They don't need your pity they need your help to rebuild the first independent nation in the Caribbean. Help haiti now!


It was written last year but it sticks to me like glue. Steve Harvey's book 'Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man' has inspired and educated me beyond my biggest expectations. It has not made me think any less of men but has placed me in a position to understand them and their train of thought.



I have a very deep fascination with fashion and when I feel the need to I must be able to go and window shop since half of the things I want call for me to take out a mortgage! But nothing stops a girl from dreaming right? My addiction is specifically to shoes...sigh, just thinking about them makes me happy :)

Below are some of the shoes that I absolutely adore!

Givenchy Jersey Print Open Toe Wedges going @ 990 EUROS


Christian Louboutin Rolando 120 patent leather pumps



Scarpe Dolce & Gabbana - Calzature Dolce & Gabbana




That's just a teaser..so many more to come!!!!

Well that's all for now I hope you enjoy my video clips and pics for 2010 favs thus far. Remember to stay tuned to the blog and all of the social networks for the season premiere fo Young Fabulous and Bajan. Its going to be a wonderful start to a pioneering aspect in Barbados.

Until next time

Risse

Y.F.B... the P.R of the Future

No comments: