Friday, May 7, 2010

Quantity Over Quality??? Crop Over Music 2010

Now that I have so much free time on my hands, I have been browsing and surfing even more and I decided to take a listen to some of the releases for Crop Over 2010 over on my favourite website www.bajantube.com.

At this point I think I should have stayed on the clothing websites and Facebook cause from the few tracks I've been able to endure...I hope that its not a reflection on the entire season. Honestly people, 2009 was such a good year where is the consistency????

I have always questioned why everyone thinks that they can be an artiste. God placed everyone here with a purpose and not everyone is blessed to know what their purpose is early in life but some of the people who choose to sing for carnival really taking it as a joke.

Yes we have our comic reliefs like Contone and Pong, John Mohammed and Nard but when you listen to their music you get a good laugh and a good wukkup!!! My mum always told me it takes an intelligent person to play the role of an idiot and I think this needs to be applied here.Too many people are just doing this ting for doing it sake and don't have nah passion nah drive nah natting! (see my bajan seeping in here cause it startin to get to me!)

But who is to blame for the poor quality of music? The chain of command is a long and winding one; too many hands which music passes through. But namely the artiste, the producer and the DJs are the main tenants in the distribution of music for our festival. "

" Yeah tings tight and evabody tryin to mek a dolla"  but does that mean we sacrifice quality for the sake of quantity. Is it better to have 10 not so good songs than 3 great ones?

I am no artiste, producer or DJ ...but I am the part of the general public and we are the final decision makers when it comes down to a song being a HIT or a MISS, and from what I've been hearing so far...alot of misses!

With that being said, I am yet to hear any songs from the heavy hitters in the industry (I int callin nah names wanna know who wanna is!) and I eagerly anticipate what you will bring for me this year. Yes I said me, cause it's my ears who have to endure or enjoy!

You can take a listen below to some of the tracks that are catching my interest so far:





This list is not exhausted...so go on over to bajantube and take a listen to the rest of the music for 2010.

xoxo

Risse 




No comments: