Friday, May 7, 2010

What's that Vid??

So since I'm such a music video junkie I decided to start a new thing on here name "What's that Vid?". I'm going to be posting and reviewing videos by artistes who I think really did exceptionally well. This will not be about bashing, so if you don't see the vid here...it's not that it wasn't good just I probably haven't seen it as yet.

So far for the week I have had the pleasure of watching "Why Don't You Love Me" by Beyonce, "Ride" by Ciara and the behind the scenes for "Sex Room" by Ludacris ft. Trey Songs and "Unthinkable" by Alicia Keys (who by the way is my favourite artiste...hands down!).

People are always quick to criticize Beyonce, but honestly is there anything new under the sun? I don't think so we just think stuff is original because we haven't seen it before, doesn't mean it wasn't done. Even though Bey's video is very characteristic of the 60s and 70s, I think she did a great job in capturing the essence of that time period and really bringing it with this video. The lyrics in the song match the entire concept perfectly and she does get a lil cheeky dusting off her Grammys in the end...but that's her right they are hers! I give B.B. Homemaker two thumbs up for keeping it thrilla!!!


Now even though Ci Ci has been off the scene for a bit she hasn't lost her touch. In this collab with Ludacris we see the raw and risque side of the usual girl next door. The song in itself is a play on words and Ciara definitely brought it with the alter-ego ish scenes where she is a diva and a home girl...this vid makes you wanna just go in the gym!!! The ending was somewhat cliche but fitting for the song, riding a bull and dripping wet in a white tee :) Just a bit of Girls Gone Wild!


From what I have seen from the behind the scenes of "Sex Room" and " Unthinkable" they are definite must sees. Luda and Trey are getting their grown and sexy on with some sharp suits and classy ladies. It's definitely a good look, one that some of these other artistes should take note of...the days of big white tees and baggy pants are so over! See pics here

Last but certainly not least, I am so anticipating Ms. Keys !!! This song has been on repeat in my playlist since she dropped the album "Element of Freedom". She must be commended for always having a message in her videos, one which is lasting and has you just wanting more and more (I'm bias, but I really don't care). From the looks of it she has continued on this trend with the vid, I'm seeing some racial themes and its looking good. Show them how to do it Ms. Keys! See more pics and behind the scene clips here.

That's all for now with "What's that Vid??" stay tune for updates and more reviews to come!

xoxo
Risse






No comments: